From: David.Middleton@eracom.com.au
[mailto:David.Middleton@eracom.com.au]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 10:16 PM
To: waynes@iexalt.net
Subject: Re: Debian vs. Red Hat

Debian versions correctly follow a release cycle and tend to have very few
exploits as well as being less buggy.. We have the same problem here.. If
you get any really good arguments send them to me to please.  You get
better package granularity in debian. You have a much nicer internet
upgrading system with apt.  You can get the same support for debian as
red-hat from VA. Red-hat is far more flashy but prone to screwups where
debian is the conservative, slowly evolving platform (if you only use
stable/frozen).  Debian doesn 't have a bunch of arbitrary and stupid file
locations.  I only have debian at home and there is very little that I
can't do on it.

Dave

PS: Was that to Zealot??