Re: Why should I use Debian?

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 11:45:23PM +0200, Helgi Örn wrote:
> Yo all!
>
> Thank you Henrique for your inspiring and encouraging reply!
>
> I will now delete my Debian installation and make a new one from
> scratch, taking into consideration the advices I got so far.....:o)

next time when your asked whether you want advanced or simple package
selection choose simple, that gets you tasksel, which lets you choose
a set of task packages.  for the uninitiated this is really the best
way to start IMO.  you can customize things at any time with apt-get
and dselect. (dselect is optional, i don't use it much after initial
system install)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/