Re: Mutt & Outlook Express

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 02:27:29PM -0700, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> It's been observered that PGP *doesn't* create mime attachments while
> GPG does.  Despite my ignorant and apathetic inclinations to this
> problem, if there is an easy fix to allow GPG signatures without
> mime-attaching the content, I'd appreciate data.

PGP creates exactly the same sort of signature with Mutt, or there is a
bug.  (See RFC 2015).

If you don't want to use PGP-MIME, see /usr/share/doc/mutt/PGP-Notes.txt.gz

You'll have to change the pgp command to a GPG clearsign command, but
that should be trivial.... I do it as a macro in my editor for the
legacy outfits (like Network Solutions) that insist on clearsigning.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting