Re: SysVinit prob... now runlevel question

As I understand it, X86 hardware hardly ever uses anything but two levels. I know sun
hardware actually makes significant use of the runlevels, but I am made to understand
that nobody ever really bothered to implement any more than two different runlevels.

(I think this is similar to windows progs running in user or kernel mode (ring 0 or
ring [2?] of x86 processors)

does anybody have anything besides hearsay to confirm or deny this?

Thanks!

mark