Re: memory usage

the system will automatically allocate as much ram a sit can for
cache/buffers and will free it when the system needs it. netscape is
also a memory hog the more you use the more memory it uses. my netscape
is using 45MB of ram by itself right now its been running for about 13
hours. check out my free:
             total       used       free     shared    buffers
cached
Mem:        517084     419888      97196      63568     252488
77856
-/+ buffers/cache:      89544     427540
Swap:       377420       1088     376332

note 425MB of it is in buffers/cache.

my point is this is normal, the system is smart enough to allocate
memory on it's own just make sure you have enough swap, if your swapping
60megs that quickly id make sure i have at least 150MB of swap just
incase.

nate