Re: kde or gnome?

Helgi Örn <hehe@post.netlink.se> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Of course it depends on who you ask.....:-)
> Generally I like KDE because it is locical in so many ways, but I don't
> like how big it is and therefore takes a lot of resources, and it's not
> 'free'.
> Gnome is faster (for me) but I got problems with using different

kde 2.0 might well be faster than GNOME 1.2, because GNOME still uses
CORBA for object embedding, while KDE uses DCOP, which "builds on inter-
process communication". Thus, DCOP is more lightweight, but not fully
network-aware (although network communcations will be possible by connecting
the DCOP-servers).

On a low-memory PC (16Mb, 110Mhz), KDE 1.1.2 runs faster than GNOME 1.2..

--
Felix Natter