Re: You are a Linux Guru!

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote on 26/08/2000 (13:33) :
> I believe it's possible (and generally recommended) *not* to go about
> using dselect to install packages on installation.  My generally
> suggested MO is to get the minimal install set (the default), and then
> start adding packages afterwards.

But that is how I did it.

The problem is really when one is trying to find a package that should
do X, but one have no clue what program/package that can provide this
service. So it is a tool to search for packages that I miss. Like the
one one the debian web-pages (if it had only worked properly), but for
use on an off-line computer.

--
Preben Randhol - Ph.D student - http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/
"i too once thought that when proved wrong that i lost somehow"