Re: You are a Linux Guru!

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 10:37:09PM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
> kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote on 24/08/2000 (19:20) :
> >
> > FAQ:  dselect is being obsoleted.  New tools based on apt (capt, etc.)
> > are its replacements.  Searching descriptions *is* supported.
>
> Obsoleted it may be in the future, but it is still the tool one gets
> when installing Debian 2.2

I believe it's possible (and generally recommended) *not* to go about
using dselect to install packages on installation.  My generally
suggested MO is to get the minimal install set (the default), and then
start adding packages afterwards.

I'll grant that this isn't eminantly clear from the installation docs,
and that particular preferences may vary.