Re: wine: can't load libwine_unicode.so

Kent West wrote:

> I'm pulling my wine debs from:
> deb http://www.hungrycats.org/%7Edrunkard/debian drunkard main
> and recently when I try to run wine I get the following error:

are these official debs ? they seem to be but curious why you are
getting them from there.

> I've tried purging wine/libwine and reinstalling, but still get the same
> error.
>
> Any one have any suggestions?

find the wine executable, and run: ldd wine

chances are it's expecting to find that library in another location, if
it says it cannot find that library, you can tell it where to look by
setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable,

in bash:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/place/where/your/wine/lib/is

in csh:

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/place/where/your/wine/lib/is"

and run ldd wine again. see if it finds the library now

nate
--
:::
ICQ: 75132336