Re: trouble with fetchmail via exim (wrong address)

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 11:01:14AM -0600, cls-colo spgs wrote:
> hi,
>
> ...mind if i join in the fun?
>
> i can follow mr. deackes's info, and thx for providing it.
>
> using mutt, i can  compose and send  an email.  but  the "from" line has the
> incorrect  sender address ("bt@pcisys.net").    btw, "bt" is my non-root user
> account.    my email addy is "pplaw@pcisysnet."   (so, i need to change,
> "bt@pcisys.net" to "pplaw@pcisys.net." in the "from" line of emails.)  do i have to
> adduser "pplaw" to the box  and  then login as "pplaw"? (i'd rather not have to do
> this,  but i certally will if it's the only way it'll work.)
>
> ia, t.
>
> bentley taylor
>  (potato on 2.2.16)

Well, at least my exim setup using eximconfig made this to the end of /etc/exim.conf

# There are no rewriting specifications in this default configuration file.
#
# This rewriting rule is particularly useful for dialup users who
# don't have their own domain, but could be useful for anyone.
# It looks up the real address of all local users in a file

*@debian    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                                                {$value}fail} bcfrF

I have added

eplehton: esko.lehtonen@pp.htv.fi

to my /etc/email-addresses and exim seems to change eplehton@localhost correctlyto my real address.

> //
>
> Phillip Deackes wrote:
>
> > Michael Banck <mbanck@gmx.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Don't know if this is applyable here, just pointing out a potential
> > > problem. Actually, I don't really have a domain name for my local
> > > "network" (i.e. my desktp and my notebook) I just use hostnames. How

<cutted out>

 WYSINWYG - What You See Is Never What You Get

 Esko Lehtonen
 esko dot lehtonen at pp dot htv dot fi