Re: trouble with fetchmail via exim

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 07:21:37PM +0200, Andreas Hetzmannseder wrote:
> So I reconfigured exim. Now it says:
>         The following domain(s) will be recognized as referring to this
>         system: woof, netway.at
> with 'netway.at' being the second part of my e-mail address. The problem
> remains. Did I make a stupid entry? Is there something else missing?

Maybe. I had this kind of problem before, I am not an exim adept, but
by putting my domain name "gmx.net" (which is some sort of freemail
service like Hotmail in Europe) in, Exim started trying to deliver
mails to other GMX users (foo@gmx.net) locally, which obviously ended
in "Recipient unknown" or whatever.

Don't know if this is applyable here, just pointing out a potential
problem. Actually, I don't really have a domain name for my local
"network" (i.e. my desktp and my notebook) I just use hostnames. How do
I set up a domain name in Debian?

Michael Banck