Re: Netscape Bus Error

jens@irs-net.com wrote:

>  Hi there ....
>
>  Can someone explain me what a "Bus Error" is?
>  It sounds like a new invention by Micro$oft.....

I had this error on a SuSE 6.4 Linux and got a fix from SuSE. It was for
Netscape 4.72 and contained five workarounds:
    a) Avoid pipe buffer overflow
    b) Avoid freeze due intermixed thread handling of
       Netscape's Java and X Window System
    c) Fix crashes due register input methods on already
       destroyed windows.
    d) Avoid crashes due existing temporary directories
       of plugger plugin.
    e) Set MALLOC_CHECK_ to avoid chrashes due doubled
       freed pointers.

According to SuSE an update to Netscape 4.75 should also fix this.
I regarded this as a strange error message too...

Fred