Re: ethernet card driver

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 10:24:26PM -0600, Ray Percival wrote:
> Looks like it is a tulip card. Not 100% sure though.

Both the KNE100TX and the KNE110TX were tulips.  I can't seem to find info
on the KNE120TX, but I'd assume you're correct.

> >I know this has to be covered in a FAQ or manual somewhere, but somewhy I

http://cdb.suse.de/cgi-bin/scdb?HTML=ENGLISH/cdb_listtemplates/menu.htm&LANG=ENGLISH

I find that site very useful for telling me what modules I need for what
hardware.

> >can't find it.  I have a Kingston KNE120TX 10baseT ethernet card which I'm
> >trying to get my system to recognize.  Is there a standard 'net card
> >driver module?  Or does each ethernet card need its own, specific
> >driver--in which case, does anyone know where I can get one for this card?

Pretty specific, though ne2k-pci is about as close as you get to standard.

When you're installing, it'll ask you to install (drivers or modules, I'm
not sure what language it uses, but they're the same).  Under net, you'll
see tulip... install that one.

> >fyi, the Ethernet howto says I can download the driver from Kingston's
> >website, but it doesn't seem to mention linux/unix at all.

Some vendors just don't get it yet.

-Dan

--
"... the most serious problems in the Internet have been caused by
unenvisaged mechanisms triggered by low-probability events; mere human