Re: Netscape startup hangs

That's exactly it!  It doesn't happen until it realizes there's an
interface, though, so if my dialup link is down, it doesn't happen, but if I
introduce a network card into the mix, and gateway through that, then it
grabs that interface and holds it hostage until it gets a DNS lookup.

I am on 2.2, have been for a while.  I downloaded the tarball from Netscape,
though... 4.73 (with Java OFF, that is!)

The problem is I only have the one phone line, and diald has always been
troublesome, and I need Netscape for things like my wife's mail, and reading
HTML, as well as configuring the crazy router itself!

--
Jonathan Markevich <jmarkevich@mad.scientist.com>
http://www.geocities.com/jmarkevich

I want the presidency so bad I can already taste the hors d'oeuvres.