Re: Netscape startup hangs

I haven't been following this thread, so i gotta ask exactly where does
it hang? I have had many netscape hangs right after you click the first
time and it tries to load the "start" page.  What happens in most cases
is netscape goes out to try to resolve 5 or 6 various domain
names(*.netscape.com stuff mostly) to test to make sure your DNS is
working, and it can hang there(sometimes for minutes). Even if your DNS
is working it still may hang, i suggest runnign strace on it to see.

strace netscape

i have had this kind of lockup for a loooong time, but i don't remember
it happening ever since i moved to debian 2.2, it uses a different
versionof netscape(static motif ? i think), the generic one from
netscape.com for linux(the versions ive tried) had this problem, but
when using the static motif version(also when using netscape for solaris
or IRIX) i never had the problem.

nate