Re: How to convert multiple pages html doc to other formats?

%% Brian Boonstra <boonstb@cmg.FCNBD.COM> writes:

  >> but the info command - I much prefer man pages to be quite honest.

  bb> Amen, brother.  Whose bright idea was it to make everybody learn
  bb> some mysterious set of keystrokes just to read documentation?  If
  bb> I'm enough of a newbie to need the man pages, then maybe, just
  bb> maybe, I'm enough of a newbie to be flummoxed by the arcane "info"
  bb> system as well!

Have you ever considered what trying to read the GNU Emacs User's Manual
would be like in man format, with no indexing, no
chapter/section/etc. structure, etc.?  That thing is 562 pages long, in
PostScript (using variable-width fonts and 8.5x11 pages)!

How about the GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual?  Ouch.

Man is great as a format for small reference pages--for man pages.  But
it sucks for reading manuals.

HTML sucks almost as badly.

Info is great.  Anyway, better than all the alternatives, so far.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>         Network Management Development