Re: Linux Mail Client

Steve Lamb continues to complain:

>     I have been specific.  I have even given examples!  PMMail and The Bat!
> Screen shots alone for those two products speak volumes!

So go ahead, start a sourceforge project page, and write a damn clone.

As someone who uses many email addresses, belongs to dozens of mailing
lists, etc etc,  I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.

Lack of coding experience shouldn't stop you... the existing programs out
there are mostly GPLed, steal code liberally and rip out what you don't
want, and the documentation is usually enough to get started on coding
something new.  Call for help in a manner that makes people _want_ to help
you: Hey, new project at sourceforge, I need some mail coding help...
the problem is X or y or z....

Instead, in the few times I've glanced at this thread, you keep whining
about what everything doesn't do right...  maybe you are right, maybe
not...  you want it done differently, DO IT.  Use the Source, Luke.

Every good program starts because of an itch.  Sounds like you have an
itch, go scratch it.  Even a alpha release of something would do WONDERS,
and tons of other people would help you out... heck, it might become a new
standard in email programs.  Who knows???

Personally, I've done my part.  So I'm entitled to throw stones.  I had an
itch, when grepmail didn't let me find only unique email (such as personal
copies and mailing list cc: copies, I wanted just one copy), so I grabbed
the source code, dug out the perl books, and wrote a patch.  David took
it, and bingo, now _everyone_ can do grepmail -u.  Your turn, Steve.

Seth

You know you're having a bad day when... you rip into someone on
debian-user, and tell them to 'Use the Source'...