Re: We need a FAQ. Don't you think we need a FAQ?

As someone who's been *using* Linux for a few years, but still a newbie at
setting up and maintaining my own system, it's hard to remember all the
millions of sources of information...

The first link below might not be as relevant for newbies, but rather for
people considering Debian in the first place, which doesn't seem to be the
situation for the average subscriber.

However, I think the automated FAQ (second link) is helpful, and might be a
good destination for the information S. Keeling suggested gathering. More
attention should be drawn to it, and there should probably be a link to it
placed in the footer of the debian-user list.

I definitely believe something needs to be done. I've been able to answer
questions on this list lately using knowledge I've gathered from this list
- and I've only been subscribed for a couple weeks! You *know* there has to
be a lot of repetition for that to be true...

John