Re: Linux Mail Client

At 11:46 PM 8/21/2000 +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:
>Back to Linux...
>If (to the person who started this thread) does not want to mix his personal
>and professional emails then he should have two accounts on his Linux
>machine. Then, as the mail comes in and is handed over to the MTA, the MTA
>should distribute the mail correctly to the correct account and hence the
>correct mail box. This would also have the possible advantage of preventing
>the mixing up of professional and personal work files, as the user would
>have a separate account for each instant.
>
>If you then also modify the group ids for the mail boxes, and assign that
>group id to your two accounts, then you /should/ be able to persuade a mail
>client to read mail under both accounts, possibly at the same time (you'd
>obviously have to specify the location of the mail box manually).

Actually the person who started this thread (me) wanted to be able to truncate large POP messages so as to be able to get his voluminous mail over a dial-up connection without using netscape mail. He has failed miserably in the past with setting up fetchmail.

Once he slays the bigger dragon of potato installation the meazly fetchmailconf will wither before his awesome-skills/brain-dead-doggedness  !!! MUWAHAHAHAHAH