Re: Again a stormix question

well now i'm curious..

i thought helix-gnome was woody only...?

any tricks you'd like to share with the list for getting and installing helix-gnome for potato?

At 12:50 AM 8/21/2000 -0500, John Foster wrote:
>"Suresh Kumar. R" wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I use stormix, would I be able to manage the machine later without using
>> any stormix tools, but using only whatever is available with standard
>> debian systems. Or in otherwords, what I am asking is will the initial
>> usage of stormix for installation make me force to use stormix always
>> as done by some distros..
>>
>> Any comments by experienced users..?
> In a word....NO!
>It is a Debian system: so you can always use apt to get other debian
>applications installed, from other debian sites. I currently use some of
>Storms packages on a production system that is blended: Helix, Stormix,
>Potato w/ some Woody apps too.
>--
>AdVance-Computing Systems
>
>We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
>We specialize in multiprocessor units.
>We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!
>
>John Foster
>jfoster@augustmail.com
>ICQ# 19460173
>

>--

WARNING -
This email is confidential and may contain copyright material.
If you are not the intended recipient of Capital Monitor's original e-mail,
please notify me by return e-mail, delete your copy of the message, and
accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Republication or re-dissemination, including posting to news groups or web
pages, is strictly prohibited without the express prior consent of Capital
Monitor Pty Ltd.

John Griffiths			Tel 02 6273 4899
Capital Monitor Pty Ltd		Fax 02 6273 4905
Press Gallery 			Mobile: 0412 690 643
Parliament House		e-mail: john@capmon.com
Canberra   ACT   2600		http://www.capmon.com
Australia			ICQ No: 7933859