Re: X can't find the mouse! - Solved

I had this same problem when I installed xdm after not selecting it
during initial install. The way I was able to get around it was to first
do gpm -k, start X, then re-run gpm. After that I was able to change my
XConfig file to allow use of a 3 button mouse. The problem for me seemed
to come from installing xdm and something it did to config files. :) I
could never get Storm installed properly..