Re: ### a problem with installing Deb 2.1

The book in question is Learning Debian GNU/Linux (by Bill McCarty, via O'Reilly) and the corresponding CD I am using for install is: "Debian 2.1 bootable CD-Rom".

Here's the hardware I'm on:

	Atapi 44x CD-R
	IDE type46 HDSiS 6326 - Virtual Sensations VS-7e
	ES1938
	Cirrus Logig Wave Device
	PS/2 mouse & standard 101/102 keybd

Possibly more info than what's relevant, but there 'tis.

As far as "set up the CD in your system bios as a diskdrive NOT a CD Player for this to work from a boot startup", where can I download the info on how to do this?  Not only am I new at installing Linux, I'm also new at tweaking BIOS as well.  I'm really moving way past the comfort of the shell prompt into totally new territories!

Get Free E-Mail For Your Business at http://www.SmallBizMail.com
Start and Grow Your Business at http://www.Entrepreneur.com