Re: ### a problem with installing Deb 2.1

That is all very nice... thanks for the distro advertisements, but I already have a (what I hope is) an install CD, and I'd like to use the one I have if I can.  When I got the book, it only came with one CD -- is that all I need?

Also, when I boot from the CD, one person said that the messages would tell me which device it is on.  Where do I look for that at?  The messages scroll by way too damn fast to read what they say -- if I knew just where to look that would help a lot.

Also, as I mentioned, when I get the list of devices to try, I"VE TRIED EVERY ONE ON THE LIST WITH NO SUCCESS -- I even tried the SCSI option tho it's an Atapi IDE drive!!!

If it sounds like I'm getting frustrated, I AM!!!  I prefer constructive help, not advertisements, thank you.  :-)

- actually considering installing MSWin
- a.k.a. frustrated Linux installer
- a.k.a. linux@tornet.cc