Re: MONOCHROME mutt/mc, COLOR ls/elvis ...?

Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 10:25:10AM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
>> Will Trillich wrote:
>> > hmm. i must have some odd video settings. i used your .muttrc
>> > settings verbatim [thanks!], and i do see bold items here and
>> > there, but still no color. (mc has the same trouble -- monochrome
>> > and bold but no color -- although elvis shows colors just fine.)
>> >
>> > i'm telnetting in with TERM setting:
>> >         % printenv TERM
>> >         vt220
>> >
>> I wonder if it's your telnet client.  I've found few for Win32 that
>> support color well;  TeraTerm Pro does pretty well.  What the situation
>> might be on the Mac, I've no idea.

> i don't think so. (could be wrong, but...)

> for shits&giggles, i do
> 	setenv TERM linux
> and then i see white on blue in mc, but the character set is screwy;
> mutt then shows color as well, but escape sequences interfere with
> user input [???]  after restoring to
> 	setenv TERM vt220

Maybe add color strings to vt220 terminfo using tic and infocmp
but I don't know because:

What are you doing?
Where are you telneting from - for example linux xwindows xterm?
What are you telneting to - for example a shell account running linux?
or a nearby machine?
What program are you using to telnet?
What TERM enviornmental variable - where?
                                                        Thanks