Problem with a 2 GB+ Fujitsu SCSI disk, model M2952SYU

Allô,

I have a 2 GB+ Fujitsu SCSI disk, model M2952SYU, dated 1997, that I have
"liberated" from a clumsy 9x system.  Under that system and also when I used it
with different Linux distrib thereafter it did not work properly.  It would
"tik" and then I would get a disk error message.  This was a year ago, and I
cant remember exactly the nature of the error messages.  Something like
"time-out" or "scsi reset complet" ????  I think it also went on spinning and
spinning. At one point I also though it had a bugged sector.  I ran no
9x so I couldn't run an antivirus.  Finally, it seems to heat up quite a bit
over what I fealt was reasonnable.

Now, I would like to make good use of it.

I see I few pins where crushed in the center part of the disk male connector.
I dont know if this was there before.   Could it be the cause of all the
problems?

I didnt  have a diagram for the 8 jumper settings and none where already
there.  Maybe I did not figured that out properly.   Does someone have a
diagram ?

I am afraid that I will not succeed in installing that disk on my multi-Linux
box without disrupting or, worse destroying my installed distribs.  Can I
connect it in the SCSI chain safely even it is not working properly to test it ?

What about bugs, overheating...

Thank you in advance for your comments and solutions,

Alain