Re: Installing Debian

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:48:39 +0100, Tancock, Matthew said:

> Ok, I've only ever installed Redhat before, which is very easy...
>
>  a friend lent me a copy of debian (3 cd's labled potato source 1,2,3)
>  I've copied them but i get the feeling i'm missing something, if I am, what
>  am i missing, if i'm not, what do i do with these disks to install it!

You are indeed missing something.
You'll need the binary CD's not source to install.
If you're looking for an easier install I suggest Libranet
(http://www.libranet.com).
It is Debian based (Potato) and also has some extra stuff you might enjoy
(GNOME 1.2 from Helixcode, KDE, one year support)

Tal

>  Thanks
>

>  " What happens to a man is less significant than what happens within him."
>

>  Matthew Tancock
>  IM Support, London
>
>  :-)

|   Tal Danzig                 | Join #libranet on the         |
|   tal@libranet.com           | openprojects IRC network      |
|   http://www.libranet.com    |   Tal Danzig                  |
|   The TOP Desktop!           |   tal@libranet.com            |