Window Manager

I've installed Enlightenment (via apt-get) as my window
manager. /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager still points to icewm
though. I've tried to change this through the gnome config panel, but that
made my screen turn black, even console windows, so that was sub-optimal
;-)
I'd like to change it manually, but don't know where this link should
point to. Any ideas?
(The reason why i want to change this: i don't like the fact the gnome
control panel changes my background every time I push the background
button by mistake.)

A second, unrelated question: how can I configure the trigger that says
'New mail in /var/spool...'? It doesn't say this if an email is handled
through procmail, and i'd like to be notified of certain mails this way
(not all though)

Thanks for any help,

Frederik