Re: can't ftp through IP Masq

Okay, it looks like things work now. I had a two-fold problem. I'll need to
know where to put things so this is all done automatically when I boot,
however.

The first part is that the modules weren't loading. Jason's suggestion
fixed that. If I list them in /etc/modules, will they get loaded
automatically? Or, do I need to put the following line somewhere?

> for i in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ipv4/ip_masq_*; do insmod $i;done

The second part is that I needed to increase the timeout values for
ipchains. Where should I put the following line, so it is executed
automatically?

/sbin/ipchains -M -S 7200 10 160

I've put another ipchains statement within the /etc/init.d/networking file,
but is there a better place to put it with the potato network setup?

Thanks for the help,
John

>On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 03:37:30AM -0500, John Reinke wrote
>So, just to check... if you go
># lsmod
>
>does it list ip_masq_ftp?
>
>John P.

Here's the output:

john@jupiter:~$ /sbin/lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ip_masq_vdolive         1368   0 (unused)
ip_masq_user            2516   0 (unused)
ip_masq_raudio          2936   0 (unused)
ip_masq_quake           1332   0 (unused)
ip_masq_irc             1560   0 (unused)
ip_masq_ftp             2456   0
ip_masq_cuseeme         1144   0 (unused)