Re: cd burner

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 10:13:49AM -0400, Michael Soulier wrote:

> > I'm thinking of getting a cd writer for my system. Any suggestions on
> > brand, model, etc..? My system is an athalon 600, non-scusi,. I'm pretty
> > new to all this so ease of install, compatibility and use are important.
> > thanks
>
> 	I'm planning to do this myself, so you'll have to let me know how
> this goes Dale.

Have a Yamaha at work and an Acer at home, both IDE.  It's not
"difficult" to get ide-scsi emulation going (there *is* the CD-Writing
HOW-TO to help you get started), but if you want the ultimate in ease of
installation, you probably want a SCSI device.

The Yamaha at work burns at 8X while copying directly from the other 20X
CD-ROM on the same IDE chain without running the buffer empty or even
close to empty.  Machine has 64MB RAM and a PIII-450.

Hope it helps,

--
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>