re: temporary allowing telnet to use x-windows

Oh.

Well, John.  Your user will have to install an X-server on his machine.
IIRC, there used to be a free beer version of M/IX for Windows, but as of
version 2.0, it isn't.  So, you can go with that -- or MicroX or Exceed or
hope that the XFree on Windows project ships something soon.

Once your user has installed an X-server on his machine, and configured it
to accept connexions from your telnet server, you can tell any X-clients
on the telnet server to use the user's X-server as a diaplay.