Re: More on compiling Galeon

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 05:30:09PM +0200, Moritz Schulte wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 07:54:56AM -0400, Jonathan Markevich wrote:
>
> > I don't know if I missed it in the thread, but I can't figure out how to
> > compile Galeon either.  I have the Potato version of Mozilla installed (M16,
> > I understand) but when I ./configure, I get
>
> i'm not sure, wether this packages has all the devel libraries and
> headers file from mozilla, which are needed for compiling galeon. i
> had compiled mozilla myself, compiling galeon worked finde..

I'm going to add in, for Jonathan's sake, that in order to get as far as
I did in Galeon's compilation I had to have the Mozilla source _and_
compile it (which took a few hours on my comp)--it wasn't enough to have
the source and the binary package.

This was because, as I was quite frustrated to notice, Galeon looks for
Mozilla header files in a single directory (which you specify in the
./configure command, as instructed in the INSTALL file), but those
header files are actually spread out over a bazillion different
directories in the Mozilla source.  After you compile it, though, it
sets up a dist/include directory with symlinks to all of the headers.

Of course, I'm still having the undefined reference problems.  I hope
you have more luck.

Tom