Newbie needs help with IP-Masquerading

HELP!!  I can't get IPMASQ working.  I've recompiled my kernel to add MASQ
support and I'm pretty sure that I got it right.  I've read through the
HOW-TO but I had problems following along (I think it was written with BSD
in mind.....not Sys5).  Anyways....any ideas or suggestions would be
helpful.  I can't even tell you exactly what the problem is.  All I know is
that my windows machine can't hit the internet when going through the debian
box.

(It's not a DNS thing because I can't ping the DNS server from windows
either.)

-Jason