Re: dwww errors

Le 2000-08-04 21:44:03 +0200, Neilen Marais écrivait :
> For instance, on the debian document menu, a number of choices result
> in not found messages, or other arb errors. If I manually browse the
> same location in netscape useing file:///whatever (by looking at the
> URL dwww generates) things usually go dandy.
>
> Sometimes I get errors like:
> Access denied.
>
> dwww will not allow you to read file
> /usr/share/doc/gnome-users-guide-en/html/index.html

html is not a folder, but a symlink outside /usr/share/doc.

This file is in fact in :

/usr/share/gnome/help/users-guide/C/index.html

For safety reasons, as it is supposed to be available over the network
(via your webserver), dwww will not give access to data outside
/usr/doc & /usr/share/doc (+ the man & info paths).

General purpose documents are supposed to be located in
/usr/share/doc.

To sum it up, this is a bug in gnome-users-guide-en, not in dwww.
dwww will not give you access to documents outside the official
documentation directories.

> Going to the page manually works fine.
>
> futhermore, my HTML documentation index is empty.

This list should probably be removed. I guess it is not used anymore.

Hope it helps.

--
Jean-Philippe Guérard