Re: vmware

* techlists in "vmware" dated 2000/08/07 11:47 wrote:

> I downloaded the tar ball of Vmware, I'm running potato. I ran the
> install script, and it ran fine until the config.  It said that their
> were no suitable modules, and it would have to compile them.  I said
> yes, but it couldn't find the correct directory for the C header
> files.  What is the correct directory? I did a search and I found
> what I thought was the correct directories, under /usr/include I'm
> guessing this was wrong, because I got alot of errors. Can any one
> help?

You need the source to whatever version of the kernel you're running.
This usually goes under /usr/src/linux. If you're running a stock
kernel you can get the kernel-source-x.x.x package for your
kernel-image-x.x.x and I think that should be all you need. Once that
is done vmware should work beautifully, I use it here all the time.

--
hackers ally