Re: route delete

Hi Peter!

On Mon, 07 Aug 2000, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> > Sure, just use apt-get.
> >
> > Detailed information can be found at
> > ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/upgrade-i386/Release-Notes
>
> Hmmm.  On the contrary, that file only mentions the old network script:
>
>         * The `/etc/init.d/network' script, as set up by the old Debian
>           installation procedures, prints error messages with the new
>           kernel; this can be fixed by adding proper `netmask' and `dev'
>           options to `route' invocations in that file.
>
> Searching for the word `net' I found no mention of the new
> method!  Did I miss something silly?

Nope I did :) I though you were talking about upgrading when in fact you
meant what you wrote :) Well, I don't know of any tool, but creating the
/etc/network/interfaces file is not hard. Check out the example in
/usr/share/doc/netbase/examples/interfaces
it's pretty good.

I think you may remove /etc/init.d/network afterwards.

					yours,
					peter

--
PGP encrypted messages preferred.