Re: Journaling file system

On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 12:25:34PM -0500, Warren A. Layton wrote:

[Journaling FileSystems under Linux...]

> There is also GFS (Global File System) from the University of Michigan (I
> think...I could be some other university).
>
> Of all of these, I think ReiserFS is the most mature but (IMHO) Ext3
> looks the most promising (you can switch from ext2 tow ext3 and back
> again without too much trouble, or so I've been told).

but, ext3 doesn't use a B-Tree, afaik...

hmm, yes, switching to ext3 is quiet simple. you only need a kernel
with the ext3 patches, then you've to create the "journaling file" in
your file system and boot your kernel with a parameter "journal=..."
to use the journal..

   moritz
--
/* Moritz Schulte <moritz@hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de>