Re: Eterm upgrade

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 09:47:54AM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> I just updated from eterm_0.8.10-10 to eterm_0.9.0-7 last night.  Although
> the new version plays much more nicely with WindowMaker, the process has been
> somewhat less than pleasant, what with changes to configuration options and
> even the name of the theme files changeing, but I've got it mostly working
> now.
>
> A few problems persist, however:
>
> - Most importantly, my Home and End keys no longer work.  I tried installing
> the Eterm.ti from /usr/share/doc/eterm, but it came back with a number of
> errors.  I've also tried changing $TERM from xterm (the new default) to
> xterm-debian (the old default), but that had no effect - either way, home/
> end just beep and display a ~.
>
> - Menus do not appear to be functional.  theme.cfg includes menus.cfg, which
> I assume to be valid, but no menu appears.
>
> - When pasting text into an Eterm, the cursor changes into a hollow block,
> which typically indicates a nonfocused window, even though the Eterm retains
> focus.  Moving the mouse over another window and back (I use sloppy focus
> mode) restores it, but it can be a tad confusing...
>
> Any tips on fixing these problems (other than "go back to 0.8.10")?

I've noticed that the "Save Current Settings" in Potato's Eterm version
is horribly broken, but haven't had time to figure out why it is on my
system.  It saves config files that completely trash my keyboard
mappings and then Eterm doesn't work, so I end up manually hacking away
at MAIN until it's right again.

In your case the whole package seems broken.  Have you attempted a
complete removal of the Eterm package with 'apt-get remove --purge
Eterm' and a re-install to see if the broken paths will work?

Just a thought...

--
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>