Re: VMware with potato - any issues?

Rick Macdonald wrote:

> I'm just about to try VMware on my potato system to run Win 95 or 98.
>
> Are there any problems to know about?
>
> ...RickM...

If you have managed to get Quicken 2000 running under wine (I bow), you
should have no problems getting VMware to run on Debian potato. You can
install it exactly according to their instructions and it works fine.

One note: there is a choice between an rpm install and a tar.gz install.
I had no problems with the tar.gz, while I've seen where others have run
into complications trying to install the rpm package on Debian via
alien.

Tom