Re: VMware with potato - any issues?

On Sat, 5 Aug 2000, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 10:59:10PM -0600, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> >
> > I'm just about to try VMware on my potato system to run Win 95 or 98.
> >
> > Are there any problems to know about?
>
> It works like a charm.

Good to hear! It would be nice to see Debian listed in their supported
distribution list.

> Win4Lin also works (less features, but faster), but was a bit more of
> a hassle to set up (ymmv).

I successfully run Quicken2000 under wine. I now would like to run some
audio software that needs to record from CD or audio IN (from a cassette,
etc). These programs slow music down while keeping the pitch constant (for
learning guitar solos, etc). I think I checked and Win4Lin doesn't handle
sound.

The vmware page says that sound _input_ is now supported in v2.x. I don't
suppose that you've accessed sound in this way?

...RickM...