Re: emacs and screen

On 4 August 2000 at 10:28, "Noah L. Meyerhans" <frodo@morgul.net> wrote:

> Does anybody know if it's possible to make screen get along better with
> emacs?  They have a whole lot of overlapping keyboard commands, and I'd
> like it if screen didn't grab all my C-a's and stuff.  I've read the
> screen FAQ and man page, but it didn't really address it.  Does anybody
> have a .screenrc which remaps screen commands to commands that don't
> conflict with emacs?  Remapping emacs keys would be bad as at this point
> they're pretty much hardcoded into my brain.

The solution I use is to put "escape ^ww" in my screenrc.  That makes
screen use C-w as the command character instead of C-a.  You can use
C-w w to get a literal ^W.

Chris

--
Christopher Tessone                                   Computer Programmer
Illinois Mathematics & Science Academy     Learning-at-a-Distance Program