What do I have to do to get my server running?

Hey,

I'm turning my Linux into a server for my family's to Windoze machines,
but I'm not sure what exactly to do.  I've installed the Samba packages,
and compiled SMB support into the kernel.  I've got my NE2000 working,
so now I just need to know how to connect to the network.  Any help
would be appreciated.

(My server will be somewhat useless, as their are only two computers
it's serving, but I'm doing it for the learning experience)

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson