Re: Getting debian CD to recognize SCSI disk(s)

On Sat, Aug 02, 1980 at 08:46:24AM -0700, Ed Burke wrote:
                ^^^^
Fix your system date.

>        I found quite by accident that I can boot from CD  but the
> procedure does NOT recognize my scsi drive(s).  According to the logon
> message I have two drives but 1 doesn't seem to have been recognized
> under MS95.

What is your SCSI card?  This information should be known to you,
available from the SCSI BIOS screen, in hardware documentation, or
indicated on the card itself.  The corresponding driver should be
identifiable from the Hardware-HOWTO (http://www.linuxdoc.org/).

Use "insmod" to load the appropriate driver, eg:

    $ insmod aic7xxx	# typical for Adapted 2490 series cards

...or possibly a full path specification:

    $ insmod /lib/modules/2.2.16/scsi/aic7xxx.o

>        That's another issue the primary drive was partitioned using
> Partition Magic, just before I started to load Linux.  I / we had
> trouble in that the boot loader wasn't found on the CD where the text
> said it would.  In fact the last two levels of directory
> were missing in the path.  So, Ethan Pierce - one of you - assisted me
> for a couple days till we ran into the scsi problem.

Show the output of fdisk -l on this disk.

>      If  one or more of you want to take a shot at this I can supply you
> more definitive data on the approach used and the warning message I
> got when doing an install, using the files Ethan provided.
> Waiting with open arms, Ed

Who is Ethan?