Re: mixing potato with a bit of woody...

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 11:03:48AM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> At this point, potato and woody are very similar, so it might not be as big
> of a download as you fear.  You could try pointing your sources.list at

before I wrote my message I did try a dist-upgrade...and it was going to
be around 160 megs...which isn't that bad...but its still around 10 hours...

> woody, issuing your apt-get commands (apt-get update ; apt-get install
> package1 package2... for individual package updates, apt-get update ; apt-get
> dist-upgrade to do everything), and see how much data needs to be grabbed to
> fulfill that request, then allow or cancel it.

This is what I have been doing for the packages I have already done.

I guess my question was is there a way to tell apt-get to use woody for
some packages and potato for others...without manually switching my
sources.list every time between potato and woody.

> > agitates both my isp and me(grammar?).
>
> Yes, that is correct.

thanks...it sounded funny and I don't have any grammar books around

-sean