Re: XFree86 4.0.1 from source

Hi there,
         You can actually install the XFree4.0.1 release from the binaries
on the XFree86.org site. All works like a dream, you don't need to compile
from source! However it screws up the package management of course! But so
does compiling from source!
Also I suggest that one runs 'update-rc.d -f xfs remove' before you
install the font server. Otherwise make sure that you have a rescue/root
set around. Just my two pennyworth...

Best regards JohnG

John Gould - Systems Support Engineer
Power Innovations Limited
Tel: +44 1234 223002 email: johng@powinv.co.uk

No Windows here, 's very dark!
32865e97b5342e762ab140e00f3da23b - Just 'Debian'