RE: Annoying message

Hi, and thanks. This works

>   >
>   >I sometimes get this message when I run programs in xterm as root:
>   >
>   >     Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>   >     Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server"
>   >
>   >
<snip>
> Well, it will have stopped _something_ running.

Yeah, but I usually don't run much else than Vim as root, so it hasn't been
much of a problem:-)

You
> need to point
> XAUTHORITY to the authority file of the user who started the
> X session,
> like this:
>
>  export XAUTHORITY=/home/user/.Xauthority
>
> substituting the correct name for `user'.

Cool, that works fine. But I'm not sure into what conf-file I should put it
to automate the process. Is it .Xsession or something else?

Thanks again,

Guðmundur

> --
> Oliver Elphick
> Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk
> Isle of Wight
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good
      courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for
      the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou
      goest."                        Joshua 1:9