RE: dhelp problem

On 30-Jul-2000 Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I have used dhelp for a while in a standalone woody box, and all
>  worked fine. Now I've  installed apache and glimpse (to use the
>  search feature)... And things seemed to stop working:
>
>  After installing apache, glimpse, and reinstalling dhelp (probably
>  not necesary, but I did it anyway), dhelp says I have no
>  permission to access http://localhost/doc/HTML/index.html
>
>  I suppose there should be a "doc" directory under /var/www right?

No. The /doc is mapped to /usr/doc as specified in /etc/apache/srm.conf:
---------
Alias /doc/ /usr/doc/
## The above line is for Debian webstandard 3.0, which specifies that /doc
## refers to /usr/doc.  Some packages may not work otherwise. -- apacheconfig
---------
So check if /usr/doc/HTML/ exists.