Re: can't login with kdm

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 06:57:19AM +0300, Dan Pomohaci wrote:

> I can't login with kdm. I put the user name, the password, and the process
> of login is starting but after few seconds it returns to login

Check out /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession.
There is a case statement there saying which environment to start up in.
Xsession gets this information from kdm when you choose the environment/tab.
In kde, run kdmconfig.
In Sessions tab, there is a list of available session types.  These
must be the same as the one in the case statement in Xsessions (same spelling
and case etc).

--
email: john@fjellstad.org                   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes