Re: advanced power management and linux?

I just bought a dell inspiron 5000, with the svga (1400x1050) 15" screen.  I love it,
and I have never really liked laptops before.  I still prefer my desktop CRT for
video quality, but this is a NICE screen.   Debian installed on it fine, I only ran
into some problems getting the network interface (a 3com 3c575) to work during the
installiation.  I had to do a lot of putzing with modules by hand.  Other than that,
no problems.  I installed xfree4.0.1 from the binaries, I even watched a few DVD's in
linux on it.

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu