Re: [why is kernel recompilation necessary?]

>The whole point of my post was to not have to read 17 web pages!
>chris

	Oh man, nothing is perfect! But let me tell ou something. When some
hardware companies are such bastards that they do such indecent drivers
that collide with Windoze and at my left I have a scanner that I know that
it will only run under Linux, where all processes are clear and
well-documented... Or when actually I have to tell with the disk drivers to
W98 _SE_ that the modem it has is this one (a model of _1996_), not
another... The very cheap Plug & Play.

	Under Debian I've always solved all my problems. Not in Windoze, 9X or NT.

	Debian is some effort... But it gives you lots of rewards.

	I.T.