- To: Debian List <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: gnome
- From: "Eric G . Miller" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:59:25 -0700
- Message-id: <20000727215925.A21623@calico.local>
- Mail-followup-to: "Eric G . Miller" <email@example.com>, Debian List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <200007271518.PAA04571@hurricane.warplane>; from email@example.com on Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 03:17:59PM +0000
- References: <200007271518.PAA04571@hurricane.warplane>
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 03:17:59PM +0000, Christopher Clark wrote:
> As user chris I have an .xsession as follows:
> panel &
> gmc &
> #exec sawmill
> which seems to work ( potato cycle 1 )
> but hangs on exit with no 'save etc window'
Hmm, not sure what the problem is, but to jump start GNOME in the past,
Then from the xterm, I started a window manager, panel and gmc (if you
like). Check the gnome-control-center to see what it says about the
window manager, gmc and panel. They all should be set for
restart/recycle or some such.
> As user cgc I have an .xsession with just:
> which seems to work ok
> If I remove all the other bits from user chris, I don't get
> the icons or the bottom toolbar.
> I am confused.
> Also, how do I add themes to sawmill?
> >From gnome, it dosen't recognise sawmill themes and wont even transfer
> to an . directory i.e. .sawmill to select a theme.
> regards Chris
You should have a /usr/share/sawmill/<version>/themes/ . Apparently that
would be the place to unpack a *.tgz file.
A lot of applications (but certainly not all) have non-changing
"resource" files in /usr/share/<app>.
According to MegaHAL:
The emu is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace.
- Re: gnome
- From: Morten Liebach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- From: Christopher Clark <email@example.com>